Terms and Conditions
1. Data Protection Clause
2. Saving With Us
Under the Distance Marketing Directive, you have the right to cancel your savings account within 14 days of opening without financial or other penalty.
It is possible to nominate a beneficiary to receive up to £5,000 of savings, in the event of a member’s death Beneficiary Nomination Form.
3. Borrowing With Us
Loans subject to standard credit checks and are offered subject to status and conditions to members aged 18 or over. Written quotations for loans available on request. Loans can only be considered for members who have a savings account with Serve and Protect CU.
Under the Distance Marketing Directive, you have the right to cancel your loan within 14 days of completion, by repaying all funds borrowed plus any interest accrued.
Life Insurance is offered subject to conditions including a six month pre-existing limitation.
Serve and Protect CU is a trading name of Police Credit Union. Police Credit Union is part of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
Police Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Scheme guarantees to pay 100% of a maximum £85,000 should the Credit Union fail.
5. Promotional Codes
If you have a promotional code to quote, the following will apply:
- New members who fall within our field of membership and complete an online application form will be eligible for the promotional offer
- Applications must be submitted to Serve and Protect CU online using code the code quoted
- By submitting an application form you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Serve and Protect CU reserves the right to reclaim the funds deposited through this offer if an account is closed within six months of the date of application
- Offer made by Serve and Protect CU, Head Office, 2111 Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham B26 3EA
Winners will be advised in writing. Results are displayed at local Police Credit Union branches and on the Police Credit Union website. Entry to the Friends of Police Credit Union Lottery is exclusively for Police Credit Union members (who must be saving into a regular savings account). Payment of subscriptions to the Friends of Police Credit Lottery are generally made by deduction from payroll or pension. Where such facilities are not available with any force, alternative means may be arranged via your local branch.
7. Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Serve and Protect CU is a trading name of Police Credit Union. Police Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Scheme guarantees to pay 100% of a maximum £85,000 should the Credit Union fail. For more information please click here.
8. PrizeSaver Account
For more information about the terms and conditions for our PrizeSaver product, please visit: https://serveandprotectcu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SP-PrizeSaver-Terms-04-Oct-2021.pdf