Our Emergency Loan is a referral product available to new or existing members who may not qualify for our standard personal loan product or where the option of payroll deduction is not currently available with your employer.
You can apply for a Personal Loan if :
- You’re aged 18 or over
- Are a member of the credit union, or are eligible to join
- Full details about our field of membership can be found here.
- You’re resident in the UK. You’ll also need to provide proof of your identity and address.
- Loan repayments must be affordable.
- You must be able to provide evidence of your income if requested.
- You cannot be insolvent at the time of applying and a loan will only be considered 12 months after your discharge from insolvency.
- If you have credit in arrears, default or outstanding CCJs you are unlikely to be accepted for a loan or we may only be able to offer our non-standard products.
- Loans will only be issued to members who reside in the UK or who reside abroad and contribute to their credit union account via payroll.
- Members who have previously defaulted on a Credit Union Loan are not eligible to apply.
We’ll make a decision on whether to offer you a loan based on your personal circumstances.
To qualify for a Emergency Loan, you must be:
- Employed for a minimum of 6 months